Highlights of the flight
- Kuiseb River
- Kuiseb Canyon
- Charlottenfelder Diamond Camps
- Edward Bohlen Shipwreck
- Shawnee Shipwreck
- Lange Wand
- Sandwich Harbour
- Walvis Bay Harbour
Duration of the Flight
± 2 Hours and 15 Minutes
- 5-Seater Aircraft
- 7-Seater Aircraft
- 10-Seater Aircraft
Pick-up & Drop-off
All clients residing in Swakopmund are collected from their accommodation and transported back there upon their return.
Description of the Flight
We leave from Swakopmund Airport and do a low flying manoeuvre over the Kuiseb Canyon and Tsondabvlei, the only known breeding area for the Lappet Face Vulture in southern Namibia. From here we fly towards the highest shifting sand dunes in the world at Sossusvlei and Dead Vlei.
Next, we fly over the Restricted Diamond area, where one can still find three old diamond camps named the Charlottenfelder diamond camps, before reaching the Eduard Bohlen Shipwreck (1909), just south of Conception Bay, now almost 500 from the shoreline and thereafter the Shawnee Shipwreck (1976).
We pass the Lange Wand (meaning Long Wall in German), one of the most dramatic stretches along the Namibian coast where the hot dessert sands meet the ice cold Atlantic Ocean before reaching Sandwich Harbour, a wetland of international importance and protected under the Ramsar Convention. Our next landmark is the vividly coloured coastal salt mines, attracting thousands of birds, south of Walvis Bay.
Next on our list is Walvis Bay, Namibia’s major harbour town. Midway between Walvis Bay and Swakopmund, we pass over the Langstrand Holiday and the Dolphin Park resorts, as we head back to Swakopmund.
- Water only – no other refreshments are served and keep in mind that the aircraft is not fitted with a human waste disposal system.
- Transportation to and from the airport for all clients staying in Swakopmund.
- Refreshments (other than water).
- Transportation to and from main accommodation for clients NOT staying in Swakopmund.
- Client staying in towns and surrounding areas other than Swakopmund will need to make special arrangements with management in advance. Additional transportation charges will be for the client’s account.
The following cancellation policy will apply in case of cancellations:
- 30 – 15 Days prior to flight date: 25% cancellation fee
- 14 – 2 Days prior to flight date: 50% cancellation fee
- 1 Day prior to flight date: 100% cancellation fee
- No Show: 100% cancellation fee
The following special arrangements may apply if and when necessary:
- Exchanges can be done between clients, assuming the weight of the exchanging individual does not vary by more than 30% from the originally booked individual.
- In cases where a flight cancellation takes place, due to unfavourable or unsafe flying conditions as a result of poor weather conditions, refunds or rescheduling of the flight may apply, depending on the situation.