- Arandis Airfiled
- Kuiseb Canyon
- Sossusvlei Lodge
- Diamond Camps
- Sesriem Gate
- Dune 45
- Big Daddy Dune
- Petrified Dunes
- Edward Bohlen Shipwreck
- Shawnee Shipwreck
- Sandwich Harbour
- Walvis Bay Harbour
Duration of the Exercursion
- 5-Seater Aircraft
- 7-Seater Aircraft
- 10-Seater Aircraft
Pick-up & Drop-off
All clients residing in Swakopmund are collected from their accommodation and transported back there upon their return.
Your Sossusvlei Excursion departs from Swakopmund first thing in the morning. After a 1-hour flight, we arrive at Sossusvlei Lodge where your vehicle will await you, to take you on your excursion.
The drive to Sesriem Gate takes approximately 1 hour and a choice of breakfast in the sand dunes is an optional extra. The first stop on your dxcursion will be Dune 45, which is named after a 45 km long road connecting Sesriem Gate and Sossusvlei.
Next on your itinerary is the Big Daddy Dune, standing at a mammoth 325 meters. It’s one of the highest sand dunes in the world. The Petrified Dunes are next and got their name from a billion-year-old sand dune that solidified and formed rock formations in the dunes.
Finally, we venture towards the Deadvlei and Sossusvlei. Deadvlei is roughly 2 kms from Sossusvlei and was once an Oasis, covered with Acacia trees that died after the Tsauchab river, the main water source of the trees, changed its course.
Sossusvlei is now where the river ends and it being a dry riverbed, flooding of Sossusvlei is a very rare occasion indeed.
Arriving back at Sossusvlei Lodge a scrumptious buffet lunch will be served, after which we depart from the Sossusvlei Airstrip to take a coastal scenic flight back to Swakopmund.
- Water only – no other refreshments are served and keep in mind that the aircraft is not fitted with a human waste disposal system.
- Lunch at Sossusvlei Lodge or an equal alternative, depending on availability.
- Transportation to and from the airport, for all clients staying in Swakopmund.
- Breakfast unless selected as an extra option (costs to be charged to client).
- Refreshments (other than water).
- Transportation to and from main accommodation for clients NOT staying in Swakopmund.
- Clients staying in towns and surrounding areas other than Swakopmund will need to make special arrangements with management in advance. Additional transportation charges will be for the client’s account.
The following cancellation policy will apply in case of cancellations:
- 30 – 15 Days prior to flight date: 25% cancellation fee
- 14 – 2 Days prior to flight date: 50% cancellation fee
- 1 Day prior to flight date: 100% cancellation fee
- No Show: 100% cancellation fee
The following special arrangements may apply if and when necessary:
- Exchanges can be done between clients, assuming the weight of the exchanging individual does not vary by more than 30% from the originally booked individual.
- In cases where a flight cancellation takes place, due to unfavourable or unsafe flying conditions as a result of poor weather conditions, refunds or rescheduling of the flight may apply, depending on the situation.
- Lunch may be served at alternative equal quality lodges, depending on availability.