Highlights of the flight
- Kuiseb River
- Edward Bohlen Shipwreck
- Shawnee Shipwreck
- Sandwich Harbour
- Salt Pans
Pick-up & Drop-off
All clients residing in Swakopmund are collected from their accommodation and transported back there upon their return.
Duration of the Flight
± 1 Hours and 30 Minutes
- 5-Seater Aircraft
- 7-Seater Aircraft
- 10-Seater Aircraft
Description of the Flight
This flight takes you from Swakopmund, east over the Moon Landscape, along the Swakop and Khan River. Routing southwards we pass Walvisbay airport and the Kuiseb river which is also the natural border for the dune formation. Over the shifting sand dunes, we reach the coast just south of Conception Bay where the Eduard Bohlen Shipwreck (1909) lies 500 m from the ocean, and we pass the Cape Fur Seal colonies and observe the Shawnee Shipwreck (1976) respectively.
We continue to fly along the coast with the Atlantic surge on the one side and the Long Wall in the Namib dunes (Lange Wand in German), on the other, before reaching Sandwich Harbour, a wetland of international importance and protected under the Ramsar Convention.
In harmony with our surroundings, we find Namibia’s colourful salt mines, south of Walvis Bay, attracting thousands of birds. Walvis Bay, Namibia’s major harbour town is our next destination. Between Walvis Bay and Swakopmund, we pass over the Langstrand Holiday and the Dolphin Park resorts, as we head back to Swakopmund.
- Water only – no other refreshments are served and keep in mind that the aircraft is not fitted with a human waste disposal system.
- Transportation to and from the airport for all clients staying in Swakopmund.
- Refreshments (other than water).
- Transportation to and from main accommodation for clients NOT staying in Swakopmund.
- Client staying in towns and surrounding areas other than Swakopmund will need to make special arrangements with management in advance. Additional transportation charges will be for the client’s account.
The following cancellation policy will apply in case of cancellations:
- 30 – 15 Days prior to flight date: 25% cancellation fee
- 14 – 2 Days prior to flight date: 50% cancellation fee
- 1 Day prior to flight date: 100% cancellation fee
- No Show: 100% cancellation fee
The following special arrangements may apply if and when necessary:
- Exchanges can be done between clients, assuming the weight of the exchanging individual does not vary by more than 30% from the originally booked individual.
- In cases where a flight cancellation takes place, due to unfavourable or unsafe flying conditions as a result of poor weather conditions, refunds or rescheduling of the flight may apply, depending on the situation.