Highlights of the flight
- Walvis Bay Water Works
- Shawnee Shipwreck
- Sandwich Harbour
- Walvis Bay Salt Works
Duration of the Flight
± 1 Hours
- 5-Seater Aircraft
- 7-Seater Aircraft
- 10-Seater Aircraft
Pick-up & Drop-off
All clients residing in Swakopmund are collected from their accommodation and transported back there upon their return.
Description of the Flight
We depart from Swakopmund Airfield and head due South. We pass Walvis Bay International Airport, and cross the Kuiseb River, which is a dry riverbed, separating most of the Namib Desert dunes from the rest of the outstretched desert.
Our first point of interest is the Shawnee Shipwreck, a fishing vessel that stranded on the coast in 1976. The Shawnee is our turnaround point as we head north.
Next up is Sandwich Harbour, a world famous location known for its abundant birdlife. In 1995, the Walvis Bay lagoon and the Sandwich Harbour wetlands were declared a RAMSAR site and are now classified as “Wetlands of International Importance”.
The area hosts upwards of 70 000 birds, many of which migrate seasonally from the northern hemisphere. Passing over Walvis Bay Harbour we head further North towards our end point, Swakopmund.
- Water only – no other refreshments are served and keep in mind that the aircraft is not fitted with a human waste disposal system.
- Transportation to and from the airport for all clients staying in Swakopmund.
- Refreshments (other than water).
- Transportation to and from main accommodation for clients NOT staying in Swakopmund.
- Clients staying in towns and surrounding areas other than Swakopmund, will need to make special arrangements with management in advance. Additional transportation charges will be for the client’s account.
The following cancellation policy will apply in case of cancellations:
- 30 – 15 Days prior to flight date: 25% cancellation fee
- 14 – 2 Days prior to flight date: 50% cancellation fee
- 1 Day prior to flight date: 100% cancellation fee
- No Show: 100% cancellation fee
The following special arrangements may apply if and when necessary:
- Exchanges can be done between clients, assuming the weight of the exchanging individual does not vary by more than 30% from the originally booked individual.
- In cases where a flight cancellation takes place, due to unfavourable or unsafe flying conditions as a result of poor weather conditions, refunds or rescheduling of the flight may apply, depending on the situation.